Nordic walking taster session: Residents have the chance to try for free
A FREE Nordic Walking taster session takes place later this month.
Anyone wanting to try the pastime is welcome at Saffron Walden Common on Saturday September 28, at 1pm.
Nordic walking involves using poles to give your whole body a workout and is becoming increasingly popular in Britain. More than 300,000 people have tried the sport since it was introduced fro Scandinavia in 2004.
It exercises the upper body muscles as well as the legs in the same way as a cross-trainer in the gym.
Uttlesford District Council regularly hold Nordic walking courses for residents and the taster session is ideal for those who have never tried it but are interested in giving it a go.
You may also want to watch:
The session is free and walking poles are provided, but spaces are limited so anyone interested should reserve a place in advance by calling the council’s Customer Service Centre on 01799 510510.
People taking part should download and complete a health questionnaire in advance and bring it with them on the day. The form can be found at uttlesford.gov.uk/nordicwalking
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
Anyone with concerns about health issues can contact walk leader Paul Goddard in advance on 07794 867344 or turn up 15 minutes early for the session.