Nordic walking taster session: Residents have the chance to try for free
A FREE Nordic Walking taster session takes place later this month.
Anyone wanting to try the pastime is welcome at Saffron Walden Common on Saturday September 28, at 1pm.
Nordic walking involves using poles to give your whole body a workout and is becoming increasingly popular in Britain. More than 300,000 people have tried the sport since it was introduced fro Scandinavia in 2004.
It exercises the upper body muscles as well as the legs in the same way as a cross-trainer in the gym.
Uttlesford District Council regularly hold Nordic walking courses for residents and the taster session is ideal for those who have never tried it but are interested in giving it a go.
You may also want to watch:
The session is free and walking poles are provided, but spaces are limited so anyone interested should reserve a place in advance by calling the council’s Customer Service Centre on 01799 510510.
People taking part should download and complete a health questionnaire in advance and bring it with them on the day. The form can be found at uttlesford.gov.uk/nordicwalking
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 8 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 9 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
Anyone with concerns about health issues can contact walk leader Paul Goddard in advance on 07794 867344 or turn up 15 minutes early for the session.