Nothing plane about this bird over Uttlesford
AN EYE-CATCHING aircraft featuring images of scantily-clad cheerleaders will be seen flying more regularly over Uttlesford s skies. Airline AirAsia X has added a new Airbus A340 to its fleet which is decked out in the colours of the Oakland Raiders Americ
AN EYE-CATCHING aircraft featuring images of scantily-clad cheerleaders will be seen flying more regularly over Uttlesford's skies.
Airline AirAsia X has added a new Airbus A340 to its fleet which is decked out in the colours of the Oakland Raiders American football team.
The airline has recently linked up with the sports team to help promote the brand to a global audience.
The low-cost, long-haul airline has started daily flight operations to its hub in Kuala Lumpur from Stansted Airport. The route was originally launched in March.
Stansted's Commercial and Development Director, Nick Barton, said: "AirAsia X's service between Stansted and Kuala Lumpur has been a fantastic success story so far, and the arrival of this striking new aircraft will enable them to go from strength to strength by offering flights every day of the week from now on.
"This is a great boost for everyone connected with the airport, and a real vote of confidence by AirAsia X in Stansted as it demonstrates we are delivering the high levels of service they demand from us.
- 1 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Pictures: Hundreds take part in Saffron Walden Jubilee walk
- 4 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 7 Saffron Walden triathlon a success as it returns to usual May date
- 8 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 9 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 SWCC girls U13 come close to victory
"And it's even better news for our passengers and the region as it provides even greater choice and opportunity, and proves that demand between Stansted, Europe's point-to-point airport of choice for low-cost travel, and AirAsia's Kuala Lumpur hub and onward connections to Australia, China and India remains strong despite the current challenging economic conditions.
"I fully expect 'Xcellence' to be the talk of Stansted whenever it's at the airport - I'm sure its very eye-catching livery will ensure we all become big fans of the Raiders, too!