Nothing plane about this bird over Uttlesford
AN EYE-CATCHING aircraft featuring images of scantily-clad cheerleaders will be seen flying more regularly over Uttlesford s skies. Airline AirAsia X has added a new Airbus A340 to its fleet which is decked out in the colours of the Oakland Raiders Americ
AN EYE-CATCHING aircraft featuring images of scantily-clad cheerleaders will be seen flying more regularly over Uttlesford's skies.
Airline AirAsia X has added a new Airbus A340 to its fleet which is decked out in the colours of the Oakland Raiders American football team.
The airline has recently linked up with the sports team to help promote the brand to a global audience.
The low-cost, long-haul airline has started daily flight operations to its hub in Kuala Lumpur from Stansted Airport. The route was originally launched in March.
You may also want to watch:
Stansted's Commercial and Development Director, Nick Barton, said: "AirAsia X's service between Stansted and Kuala Lumpur has been a fantastic success story so far, and the arrival of this striking new aircraft will enable them to go from strength to strength by offering flights every day of the week from now on.
"This is a great boost for everyone connected with the airport, and a real vote of confidence by AirAsia X in Stansted as it demonstrates we are delivering the high levels of service they demand from us.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
"And it's even better news for our passengers and the region as it provides even greater choice and opportunity, and proves that demand between Stansted, Europe's point-to-point airport of choice for low-cost travel, and AirAsia's Kuala Lumpur hub and onward connections to Australia, China and India remains strong despite the current challenging economic conditions.
"I fully expect 'Xcellence' to be the talk of Stansted whenever it's at the airport - I'm sure its very eye-catching livery will ensure we all become big fans of the Raiders, too!