Number plate thief targets cars in Newport and Quendon
- Credit: Archant
A member of the public intervened when they saw a man ripping the back number plate off a car in Quendon on September 10.
The man was seen taking the plate from a black Audi A3 in Cambridge Road at around 5.15pm and after being challenged by the passerby, he dropped the plate and made off down the street before getting into a white Vauxhall Astra.
Number plates from two other vehicles in Newport were also stolen between 5pm and 5.40pm on September 10.
The cars - a grey Mini Cooper S and a silver Mercedes - were both parked in High Street, Newport and the total value of the theft is around £80.
Essex Police have since released an image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incidents.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information pertaining to the image should contact PS Scott at Saffron Walden police station.
- 1 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 2 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 5 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 6 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 7 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 8 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents