Ofsted success for Wimbish Primary School
WIMBISH Primary School is celebrating the start of the new year with a ringing endorsement by Government inspectors.
The school was rated as ‘good’ by Ofsted in its latest inspection, carried out last month, while its capacity for ‘sustained improvement’ was also picked out as being good.
Headteacher Christine Spain said: “We are delighted by the outcome. The staff and governors have always worked extremely hard, and are dedicated to the continued improvement of the school.
“Bearing in mind that Ofsted is continually raising the bar, achieving ‘good’ is even more commendable.
“We are all proud that we have a thriving school at the heart of Wimbish.”
You may also want to watch:
Highlights of the report show the school to have “a warm and positive ethos with a very strong feeling of community”.
It added that children “are well motivated”, are good achievers and make a significant contribution to the school and wider communities.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
The report picked up on the school’s “very effective procedures” to support pupils who arrive in school mid-term, its “well organised” safeguarding procedures, and noted that parents and carers receive good information about their children’s progress.
Mrs Spain was also noted to “drive the school’s work rigorously yet sensitively, ensuring that the focus is clearly on improving pupil achievement”.
To view the full report, visit the school’s website wimbish.essex.sch.uk