Oh baby - join in the fun!
WITH storytimes and information sessions on offer, there s never been a better time to take your children in to Saffron Walden Library. From Monday June 15 to Saturday June 20, the library on Market Square will host daily events for adults and children. A
WITH storytimes and information sessions on offer, there's never been a better time to take your children in to Saffron Walden Library.
From Monday June 15 to Saturday June 20, the library on Market Square will host daily events for adults and children.
And from Tuesday to Saturday, the Saffron Walden Reporter will be photographing children for free entry into our Baby of the Year competition, which this year is open to any child under the age of five.
The library offers a great start in life for children. Every child can have a free membership which allows them to borrow up to 14 items at a time - and research has proved that children who have access to books from an early age do better in school.
You may also want to watch:
There are computers to use, stories on tape and CD, and DVDs at only �1.50 per week.
Three storytimes per week encourage children to respond to books, rhymes and songs, and give parents a chance to meet.
- 1 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 2 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 5 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
Director of Adult Learning and Libraries for Essex County Council, Susan Carragher, said, "Make the library part of your life - there's so much in it to enjoy.
"This week at Saffron Walden Library will give you a good excuse to have a wonderful portrait photo taken of your child, whilst you find out more about local support organisations or share stories."
A full programme of the events for the week can be picked up from the library.