Old friends exhibit in historic venue
THE work of a talented photographer and local artist will be on display at the Guildhall in Thaxted next month. The joint exhibition by Jenny Sussman and Sue Walker is being held from Saturday May 2 to Monday May 4, from 11am to 5pm each day. The pair ar
THE work of a talented photographer and local artist will be on display at the Guildhall in Thaxted next month.
The joint exhibition by Jenny Sussman and Sue Walker is being held from Saturday May 2 to Monday May 4, from 11am to 5pm each day.
The pair are lifelong friends and this will be their first exhibition together.
Jenny will be displaying a collection of urban photography.
You may also want to watch:
This body of work has grown and developed over the past five years, as the photographer has travelled between British and European cities, chancing upon unique moments and happenings.
More specifically, for this exhibition she has worked to demonstrate her belief in the photograph's ability to capture a moment in time. Simultaneously, the collection will also reflect Jenny's dedicated pursuit of novel perspectives and her championing of simple composition without clutter.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
Aside from these philosophies, much inspiration has also been drawn from the work of the legendary Cartier Bresson, Gianni Berengo Gardin, Van der Elsken and Mario Testino.
To contact Jenny, call 07970 271343 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue's contemporary landscapes aim to convey a sense of the mood and atmosphere of the location and are painted in acrylic, mixed media or watercolour.
Wild places and elemental landscapes are the starting point for much of Sue's work and she is particularly drawn to coastal scenes.
Inspiration comes from the landscapes of East Anglia, Mediterranean visits, sailing trips and foreign travels.
Sue has exhibited widely with galleries across East Anglia, held several solo and joint exhibitions - including previous visits to the Guildhall - and is a member of Cambridge Open Studios.
She has paintings in collections in the UK, France, Germany and the US.
To contact Sue, call 01223 891710, e-mail email@example.com , or visit her website at firstname.lastname@example.org