Olympic display is pic of the bunch
PHOTOGRAPHS taken at the Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games are on display at Saffron Walden Library. The striking images were taken by photographer Tom Griffith from Elmdon, Graham Bool and Roger Bool from Great Saling and George S Blonsky from London. The ex
PHOTOGRAPHS taken at the Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games are on display at Saffron Walden Library.
The striking images were taken by photographer Tom Griffith from Elmdon, Graham Bool and Roger Bool from Great Saling and George S Blonsky from London.
The exhibition was launched on Monday and will run until May 24.
Former member of the British Wheelchair Basketball team, Graham Bool is a well-known face on the Paralympic scene and has now covered five Paralympic Games. His commitment to highlighting the less well-known achievements of some of Britain's best athletes has brought him plaudits from some of the people who know disability sports best.
You may also want to watch:
Executive Director of Disability Sport Wales, Jon Morgan, said: "In sport you only get a split second to get the right shot. Graham Bool Photography gets the shot.
"The importance of high quality sports photography cannot be underestimated. The impact can either be immediate or have a lasting effect that can add value to a whole host of multi-media uses.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open