Olympic display is pic of the bunch
PHOTOGRAPHS taken at the Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games are on display at Saffron Walden Library. The striking images were taken by photographer Tom Griffith from Elmdon, Graham Bool and Roger Bool from Great Saling and George S Blonsky from London. The ex
PHOTOGRAPHS taken at the Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games are on display at Saffron Walden Library.
The striking images were taken by photographer Tom Griffith from Elmdon, Graham Bool and Roger Bool from Great Saling and George S Blonsky from London.
The exhibition was launched on Monday and will run until May 24.
Former member of the British Wheelchair Basketball team, Graham Bool is a well-known face on the Paralympic scene and has now covered five Paralympic Games. His commitment to highlighting the less well-known achievements of some of Britain's best athletes has brought him plaudits from some of the people who know disability sports best.
You may also want to watch:
Executive Director of Disability Sport Wales, Jon Morgan, said: "In sport you only get a split second to get the right shot. Graham Bool Photography gets the shot.
"The importance of high quality sports photography cannot be underestimated. The impact can either be immediate or have a lasting effect that can add value to a whole host of multi-media uses.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 7 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital