Olympic hero Sally Gunnell backs Virgin London Marathon campaign
BRITISH Olympic hero Sally Gunnell is the latest person to back our �10,000 marathon campaign to raise money for Children with Leukaemia. The gold-medal winning hurdler was in Great Dunmow visiting an infants and toddler exercise group on Monday (February
BRITISH Olympic hero Sally Gunnell is the latest person to back our �10,000 marathon campaign to raise money for Children with Leukaemia.
The gold-medal winning hurdler was in Great Dunmow visiting an infants and toddler exercise group on Monday (February 12) when she laid down some pearls of wisdom for reporters Nick Thompson and Dan Barden ahead of them taking part in the Virgin London Marathon on April 25.
Mrs Gunnell, who now lives in Brighton with her husband and three young children, said: "Having run the London Marathon myself three years ago I can honestly say that they will both love it.
"The atmosphere is amazing and although it is tough, having support from the crowd will really keep them going."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "I wish both Nick and Dan the best of luck in their campaign and for the marathon - they are supporting a great cause."
Don't forget - you can join in too!
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
Sponsor us at www.bmycharity.com/nickanddan
Call us on with fundraising ideas and running stories on 01799 512882
Or e-mail email@example.com
Also look for two events coming up which will be raising money for our cause:
March 12 is Jamie Oliver day at the Saracens Head, Great Dunmow
Pop in for coffee between 11am and 1pm or get a ticket for our evening event starting at 7.30pm - including a mega-raffle full of top goodies.
On Saturday March 27 the Essex police choir will be at St Mary's Church, Great Dunmow, for a one-off concert spectacular. Tickets are �10 and available from Banana Travel, David Lipson Photography, or Wade and Davis solicitors. Or call John Bridges on 01371 859959.
Total raised so far, on Friday February 12, is �2595