Olympic hero Sally Gunnell backs Virgin London Marathon campaign
BRITISH Olympic hero Sally Gunnell is the latest person to back our �10,000 marathon campaign to raise money for Children with Leukaemia. The gold-medal winning hurdler was in Great Dunmow visiting an infants and toddler exercise group on Monday (February
BRITISH Olympic hero Sally Gunnell is the latest person to back our �10,000 marathon campaign to raise money for Children with Leukaemia.
The gold-medal winning hurdler was in Great Dunmow visiting an infants and toddler exercise group on Monday (February 12) when she laid down some pearls of wisdom for reporters Nick Thompson and Dan Barden ahead of them taking part in the Virgin London Marathon on April 25.
Mrs Gunnell, who now lives in Brighton with her husband and three young children, said: "Having run the London Marathon myself three years ago I can honestly say that they will both love it.
"The atmosphere is amazing and although it is tough, having support from the crowd will really keep them going."
She added: "I wish both Nick and Dan the best of luck in their campaign and for the marathon - they are supporting a great cause."
Don't forget - you can join in too!
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 2 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 3 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Saffron Walden seal first win of EAPL season at Frinton
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 SWCC girls U13 come close to victory
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
Sponsor us at www.bmycharity.com/nickanddan
Call us on with fundraising ideas and running stories on 01799 512882
Or e-mail email@example.com
Also look for two events coming up which will be raising money for our cause:
March 12 is Jamie Oliver day at the Saracens Head, Great Dunmow
Pop in for coffee between 11am and 1pm or get a ticket for our evening event starting at 7.30pm - including a mega-raffle full of top goodies.
On Saturday March 27 the Essex police choir will be at St Mary's Church, Great Dunmow, for a one-off concert spectacular. Tickets are �10 and available from Banana Travel, David Lipson Photography, or Wade and Davis solicitors. Or call John Bridges on 01371 859959.
Total raised so far, on Friday February 12, is �2595