Olympic legend Dame Mary Peters to officially open new complex in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Â© Marie Therese/ UNP 01274 4122
OLYMPIC legend Dame Mary Peters is to be guest of honour at the official launch of a new ‘Later Living’ development in Saffron Walden.
Dame Mary, pentathlon gold medallist at the 1972 Olympic Games, will formally mark the opening of the McCarthy & Stones’ show complex at Gabriel Court on Tuesday (February 12) and will take a guided tour of the fully-furnished apartments and guest suite.
Those choosing to accompany Dame Mary on the tour will get the unique opportunity to meet and talk with the great lady herself, before joining her for a glass of bubbly.
McCarthy & Stone’s regional sales manager Julie Ward said: “Dame Mary continues to be an inspiration for the older generation and is a shining example of someone who appreciates that age is something to be celebrated and enjoyed.
“The official opening of Gabriel Court’s show complex signals an important milestone in the development’s history, so we were delighted to have someone of Dame Mary’s stature join us to help mark the occasion in style.”
McCarthy & Stone is currently selling 27 one and two bedroom Later Living apartments exclusively for the over 60s at Gabriel Court. Prices start from £249,950.
Its Later Living developments offer the independence of retaining home ownership while living in an apartment specifically designed for later life.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
Facilities include a shared lounge, guest suite, laundry room and a lift. A dedicated house manager ensures the smooth running of the development and a security entrance system plus 24-hour emergency call points provide peace of mind for both residents and their families. All properties are low maintenance and energy efficient.
In addition to offering age exclusive apartments, the retirement developer also provides a range of financial services, including a pension annuity service, equity release, legal services and guaranteed funeral plans.
Anyone wanting to find out more about Later Living in Saffron Walden is invited to attend the opening on February 12 or contact McCarthy & Stone on 0800 201 4743. Alternatively, visit mccarthyandstone.co.uk for further details.