Olympics: One year to go and Stansted is ready
WITH just one year to go, Stansted Airport is forging ahead with its preparations as one of the main visitor gateways to the London 2012 Olympic Games.
‘Team Stansted’ is a new initiative to get staff involved in the preparations for the huge influx of competing teams, spectators, media, VIPS, sponsors and heads of state.
Julia Gregory, Olympics Co-ordinator, Stansted Airport said: “It is an exciting time and we look forward to being part of the world’s biggest sporting event. The 2012 Games will be a fantastic opportunity to showcase Stansted, especially as we are the nearest major international airport to the Olympic village.
“It will be a time for all of us, every member of staff from the airport and every airport company to work closely together to deliver the best UK airport Olympic experience. It will be time for ‘Team Stansted’ to deliver its very best.”
Mrs Gregory said that the collaboration of all business partners is essential in order for the airport operation to run smoothly and all 200 on-airport companies will be invited to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
The airport is also expected to handle tonnes of unusual baggage which will be transported through the airport during Games time, including sports kit of all shapes and sizes and tonnes of equipment for the world’s media.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 8 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 9 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites