Olympics: One year to go and Stansted is ready
WITH just one year to go, Stansted Airport is forging ahead with its preparations as one of the main visitor gateways to the London 2012 Olympic Games.
‘Team Stansted’ is a new initiative to get staff involved in the preparations for the huge influx of competing teams, spectators, media, VIPS, sponsors and heads of state.
Julia Gregory, Olympics Co-ordinator, Stansted Airport said: “It is an exciting time and we look forward to being part of the world’s biggest sporting event. The 2012 Games will be a fantastic opportunity to showcase Stansted, especially as we are the nearest major international airport to the Olympic village.
“It will be a time for all of us, every member of staff from the airport and every airport company to work closely together to deliver the best UK airport Olympic experience. It will be time for ‘Team Stansted’ to deliver its very best.”
Mrs Gregory said that the collaboration of all business partners is essential in order for the airport operation to run smoothly and all 200 on-airport companies will be invited to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
The airport is also expected to handle tonnes of unusual baggage which will be transported through the airport during Games time, including sports kit of all shapes and sizes and tonnes of equipment for the world’s media.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 7 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 8 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction