One Minet Skatepark in Saffron Walden gets colourful display thanks to Ridgeons
SAFFRON Walden s One Minet Park will soon boast a floral display to match anything put on by the skateboarders and BMX riders. Members of the Skate Group, who manage the skatepark behind the Lord Butler Leisure Centre on Peaslands Road, have taken a break
SAFFRON Walden's One Minet Park will soon boast a floral display to match anything put on by the skateboarders and BMX riders.
Members of the Skate Group, who manage the skatepark behind the Lord Butler Leisure Centre on Peaslands Road, have taken a break from the ramps to plant some bulbs.
The youngsters spent two afternoons planting 1800 bulbs - which had been donated by Ridgeons - into the bank at the top of the One Minet Park.
Secretary of the Skate Group, Jane Clarke, said: "We want to thank Ridgeons for giving us boxes and boxes of spring bulbs and in particular Andy Peach and Malcolm Nash who helped us arrange the project.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope that our neighbours in Tukes Way and everyone who uses the field behind the leisure centre will enjoy them. Thank you Ridgeons!
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 8 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 9 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 10 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season