One-stop business website backed by Uttlesford District Council
AN online one-stop-shop for businesses providing information on local authority regulation has been backed by Uttlesford District Council.
Everything Regulation Whenever It’s Needed (ERWIN) was set up in 2009 and brings together council departments from across the east of England.
Now it has launched a new website at everythingregulation.org.uk which covers everything businesses need to know in relation to trading standards, fire protection, environmental health and licensing.
The website helps businesses comply with regulations by providing simple and consistent information which is tailored to meet individual needs.
Head of environmental health at the district council, Geoff Smith, said: “It can be a challenge for new and established businesses to understand all the different areas of council work that can have an impact on them.
You may also want to watch:
“Therefore, we are really pleased to be supporting the launch of ERWIN as this new website really joins the dots for business.
“It brings together information for all the key areas of regulation that affect small and medium sized firms. With ERWIN, businesses can find the information they need when it suits them 24 hours a day, seven days a week.”
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
Businesses can register with ERWIN and are automatically updated when legislation changes or comes into effect.