One-stop business website backed by Uttlesford District Council
AN online one-stop-shop for businesses providing information on local authority regulation has been backed by Uttlesford District Council.
Everything Regulation Whenever It’s Needed (ERWIN) was set up in 2009 and brings together council departments from across the east of England.
Now it has launched a new website at everythingregulation.org.uk which covers everything businesses need to know in relation to trading standards, fire protection, environmental health and licensing.
The website helps businesses comply with regulations by providing simple and consistent information which is tailored to meet individual needs.
Head of environmental health at the district council, Geoff Smith, said: “It can be a challenge for new and established businesses to understand all the different areas of council work that can have an impact on them.
“Therefore, we are really pleased to be supporting the launch of ERWIN as this new website really joins the dots for business.
“It brings together information for all the key areas of regulation that affect small and medium sized firms. With ERWIN, businesses can find the information they need when it suits them 24 hours a day, seven days a week.”
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 3 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 6 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 7 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 10 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
Businesses can register with ERWIN and are automatically updated when legislation changes or comes into effect.