One-stop business website backed by Uttlesford District Council
AN online one-stop-shop for businesses providing information on local authority regulation has been backed by Uttlesford District Council.
Everything Regulation Whenever It’s Needed (ERWIN) was set up in 2009 and brings together council departments from across the east of England.
Now it has launched a new website at everythingregulation.org.uk which covers everything businesses need to know in relation to trading standards, fire protection, environmental health and licensing.
The website helps businesses comply with regulations by providing simple and consistent information which is tailored to meet individual needs.
Head of environmental health at the district council, Geoff Smith, said: “It can be a challenge for new and established businesses to understand all the different areas of council work that can have an impact on them.
You may also want to watch:
“Therefore, we are really pleased to be supporting the launch of ERWIN as this new website really joins the dots for business.
“It brings together information for all the key areas of regulation that affect small and medium sized firms. With ERWIN, businesses can find the information they need when it suits them 24 hours a day, seven days a week.”
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
Businesses can register with ERWIN and are automatically updated when legislation changes or comes into effect.