One-stop business website backed by Uttlesford District Council
AN online one-stop-shop for businesses providing information on local authority regulation has been backed by Uttlesford District Council.
Everything Regulation Whenever It’s Needed (ERWIN) was set up in 2009 and brings together council departments from across the east of England.
Now it has launched a new website at everythingregulation.org.uk which covers everything businesses need to know in relation to trading standards, fire protection, environmental health and licensing.
The website helps businesses comply with regulations by providing simple and consistent information which is tailored to meet individual needs.
Head of environmental health at the district council, Geoff Smith, said: “It can be a challenge for new and established businesses to understand all the different areas of council work that can have an impact on them.
You may also want to watch:
“Therefore, we are really pleased to be supporting the launch of ERWIN as this new website really joins the dots for business.
“It brings together information for all the key areas of regulation that affect small and medium sized firms. With ERWIN, businesses can find the information they need when it suits them 24 hours a day, seven days a week.”
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
Businesses can register with ERWIN and are automatically updated when legislation changes or comes into effect.