Open morning masterclasses showcase ‘bright’ opportunities available for pupils at Saffron Walden school
- Credit: Archant
A MERGER between Dame Bradbury’s School with Stephen Perse Foundation, Cambridge, began on September 1 – and parents and children are invited to two open mornings to see what the Saffron Walden school has to offer.
The links will see the two schools sharing ideas, resources and best practice.
Jane Crouch, head of Dame Bradbury’s, said staff were “excited about the opportunities” that pupils would get by being part of a “nationally-acclaimed group of schools”.
She added: “Becoming a member [of the Foundation] will further enrich the educational provision and opportunities for our pupils, as ideas and resources are shared across the schools. Pupils will join together for sporting events and themed days based on, for example, the visual and creative arts.
“On a day-to-day basis Dame Bradbury’s School will continue to operate as today – we remain in Saffron Walden and we will retain our distinctive ethos and our family atmosphere. We look for the best in all our pupils and give them the opportunity to excel, wherever their aspirations lie.”
The school is hosting two open mornings next month. October 4 is a chance to look around the school on a normal working day and to meet the pupils, staff and headteacher.
The formal Autumn Open Morning on October 5 is open to everyone. Pupils aged seven and above are invited to attend one of the masterclasses led by the school’s subject specialists: ‘Making Music’ (a hands-on percussion workshop), ‘Get Gaming’ (learning to program computer games), or ‘Cartoon Creations’ (learning how to create cartoons).
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 5 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 6 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 9 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
To reserve a place contact Fiona Baudains, on 01799 522348.
For further details, visit the website at damebradburys.com