Opportunity playgroup celebrates 25 years in Saffron Walden
A CHILDREN’S playgroup has celebrated 25 years of operating in the community.
Saffron Walden Opportunity Playgroup (SWOP) is a small charity which supports children aged 0-5 years with special needs and disabilities and their families.
Sally James, playgroup leader and fundraiser, said: “Although it has been running in Saffron Walden for 25 years, we are always trying to reach as many families as possible who haven’t heard of us and might need our services.
“We provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment for developmental play for young children with any additional needs. We welcome all children and their parents/carers and even siblings as well. We aim to provide a one-to-one volunteer helper for each child to help them to access a wide range of stimulating activities and lots of messy play.”
Sessions run from the United Reform Church in Abbey Lane which provides free play, a singing session with makaton signing, a healthy snack time and outdoor play. SWOP also hosts two outings a year and provides lunch for everyone at the end of every term, while parents, carers and volunteer helpers also enjoy a Christmas meal out together.
To find out more about the organisation, either as a volunteer or to bring a child along, contact Sally James on 07748 918289, e-mail email@example.com or visit the website, swoplaygroup.org.uk.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme