Orders race in for ‘Tour de Essex’ T-shirt
- Credit: Archant
Orders for a fundraising ‘Tour de Essex’ T-shirt, specially-designed by a Saffron Walden illustrator, have been racing in.
Amanda Banham decided to create the shirt ahead of the big race passing through the district on July 7 – with the aim of raising money for charity.
Mrs Banham said: “As a family we have followed the Tour de France many times and I have always made a T-shirt for my husband and son to wear supporting Le Tour.
“This year with Le Tour coming to Saffron Walden I was asked by lots of people if I was going to design a “Tour de Essex “ T-shirt – and so I have!”
The mother-of-four began taking orders for the £10 T-shirt last Friday and has already received more than 100 requests.
You may also want to watch:
All the money raised will go to the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity, a cause close to her heart. She has lost an aunt and a close friend to the disease.
The T-shirt – which on the reverse include all the times that the tour will be passing through the villages in the area – comes in children and adult sizes, ranging from as young as three up to XXL. To purchase one, e-mail Amanda on email@example.com.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
? The peloton will be travelling through the area on July 7 as part of the Cambridge to London route. It will go through South Cambs before coming to Great Chesterford, Little Chesterford, Saffron Walden, Sewards End, Radwinter, Great Sampford, Finchingfield and Felsted.