Orders race in for ‘Tour de Essex’ T-shirt
- Credit: Archant
Orders for a fundraising ‘Tour de Essex’ T-shirt, specially-designed by a Saffron Walden illustrator, have been racing in.
Amanda Banham decided to create the shirt ahead of the big race passing through the district on July 7 – with the aim of raising money for charity.
Mrs Banham said: “As a family we have followed the Tour de France many times and I have always made a T-shirt for my husband and son to wear supporting Le Tour.
“This year with Le Tour coming to Saffron Walden I was asked by lots of people if I was going to design a “Tour de Essex “ T-shirt – and so I have!”
The mother-of-four began taking orders for the £10 T-shirt last Friday and has already received more than 100 requests.
All the money raised will go to the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity, a cause close to her heart. She has lost an aunt and a close friend to the disease.
The T-shirt – which on the reverse include all the times that the tour will be passing through the villages in the area – comes in children and adult sizes, ranging from as young as three up to XXL. To purchase one, e-mail Amanda on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 5 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 6 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 7 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 8 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 9 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 10 School activities and sports in pictures
? The peloton will be travelling through the area on July 7 as part of the Cambridge to London route. It will go through South Cambs before coming to Great Chesterford, Little Chesterford, Saffron Walden, Sewards End, Radwinter, Great Sampford, Finchingfield and Felsted.