Outraged mobile phone users in Saffron Walden threaten to switch providers after latest blackout
- Credit: Archant
Mobile phone users have been left without reception after a further collapse in the town’s telecommunications which is still to be resolved.
This afternoon (Monday), hundreds of angry EE and Three customers in Saffron Walden affected by the mobile blackout took to social media to vent their frustration – the third time users have consistently lost reception in as many months.
IT specialists Force 36, based on Elizabeth Close, wrote to EE on Twitter to ask for a resolution, including a plea for another telephone mast.
“How does Saffron Walden petition you for a new mast?” they asked the phone company, before saying they had solved their problem by acquiring an O2 SIM card.
EE told the Reporter on Twitter that engineers were working to restore service, though there was no time given on when that would be.
You may also want to watch:
In October last year, phones served by EE, Virgin Media and Three were left without signal for up to two days, causing considerable disturbance to businesses as well as individual customers.
- 1 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues