Outstanding Ofsted for Saffron Walden Nursery School
OUTSTANDING was the term used to describe Saffron Walden Nursery School following a recent inspection. Ofsted praised the school for its knowledgeable staff, supportive parents and management committee. The report in particular credited nursery manager
'OUTSTANDING' was the term used to describe Saffron Walden Nursery School following a recent inspection.
Ofsted praised the school for its knowledgeable staff, supportive parents and management committee.
The report in particular credited nursery manager Denise Russell and her dedicated team of practitioners for enabling all children to 'thrive in this inclusive setting' and for their 'unquestionable commitment to working closely with parents and carers'.
It also highlighted a 'vibrant, child friendly and stimulating environment' and the practitioners' strong 'emphasis on inspiring children to lead extremely healthy lifestyles'.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Russell said: "It was lovely for all involved with the nursery to gain this judgement. Although we know that we do all that we can to support the children in our care to reach their full potential, it is great when someone from Ofsted actually acknowledges that we are providing outstanding care and education.
"Without a dedicated team of staff who enthuse the children to learn and those who work behind the scenes for example our volunteers, management committee and fundraising committee, we would not have gained our 'outstanding' judgement."
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex
Chairman of the Management Committee, Mike Hancock, said: "I am delighted that Oftsed have recognised the high standard of care and education that children receive as a direct result of the professionalism and enthusiasm of the staff. This achievement is the culmination of a great deal of hard work and everyone who contributed should be justifiably proud."
Saffron Walden Nursery School is a registered Charity, operating from a purpose built facility at Shire Hill. The nursery is open each weekday from 9.00am to 3.15pm, during school term time. A play scheme is offered during school holidays.
For further information please contact Mrs Russell on 01799 522108, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.swns.org.uk