Overnight maintenance to resurface the A120 at Bradwell will take place tonight
OVERNIGHT maintenance to resurface the A120 at Bradwell, in Essex will take place tonight, Monday April 8.
Work will begin at 8pm and be completed by 6am Tuesday April 9, weather permitting.
While work takes place, the road will be closed overnight on April 8 for safety reasons.
Except for access, the road will be completely closed between the Marks Farm roundabout in Braintree and the A12/A120 junction at Marks Tey near Colchester.
A clearly signed diversion will be in place.
Traffic heading toward Braintree will be diverted to leave the A120 at Marks Tey and join the A12 to travel at junction 19, Boreham.
From here, the diversion will follow the A130, A131 and rejoin the A120 at Braintree. Traffic heading west will follow the diversion in the opposite direction.
- 1 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 2 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 3 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 4 Saffron Striders impress, Thompson strikes gold
- 5 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 6 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
While the resurfacing takes place drainage surveys will also be carried out, these will continue on Tuesday April 9.
During the day on Tuesday a small section of the footway on the eastbound side of the A120 at Bradwell between the van sales garage and the service station will be closed to pedestrians.
On the night of April 9 survey work will continue between 8pm and 6am under two-way temporary traffic signals on the A120.
The Work was postponed from March due to very low temperatures and snow.