Overnight maintenance to resurface the A120 at Bradwell will take place tonight
OVERNIGHT maintenance to resurface the A120 at Bradwell, in Essex will take place tonight, Monday April 8.
Work will begin at 8pm and be completed by 6am Tuesday April 9, weather permitting.
While work takes place, the road will be closed overnight on April 8 for safety reasons.
Except for access, the road will be completely closed between the Marks Farm roundabout in Braintree and the A12/A120 junction at Marks Tey near Colchester.
A clearly signed diversion will be in place.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic heading toward Braintree will be diverted to leave the A120 at Marks Tey and join the A12 to travel at junction 19, Boreham.
From here, the diversion will follow the A130, A131 and rejoin the A120 at Braintree. Traffic heading west will follow the diversion in the opposite direction.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
While the resurfacing takes place drainage surveys will also be carried out, these will continue on Tuesday April 9.
During the day on Tuesday a small section of the footway on the eastbound side of the A120 at Bradwell between the van sales garage and the service station will be closed to pedestrians.
On the night of April 9 survey work will continue between 8pm and 6am under two-way temporary traffic signals on the A120.
The Work was postponed from March due to very low temperatures and snow.