Overnight repair work at M11 Bishop’s Stortford
OVERNIGHT repair work to maintain safe and reliable journeys on the M11 will begin on Sunday October 28.
Concrete repairs will be carried out on the Haymead Bridge at junction 8, Haymead Interchange. During this time, the northbound and southbound carriageways underneath the bridge at junction 8 will be closed to allow work to be carried out safely.
It is anticipated that work will last for two weeks and will be finished on Thursday November 8. It will avoid the busy weekend nights, taking place between Sunday and Thursday nights only.
Highways Agency project manager, Brian Pitkin, said: “This work is part of our commitment to maintain safe and reliable journeys for road users on our network. This stretch of road is a vital link for many local residents, as well as being an important part of the strategic network.
“By carrying out the work overnight between 9pm and 5am and avoiding the weekend, we can minimise the disruption to road users.”
You may also want to watch:
During the overnight work, a speed restriction of 50mph will be in place on the approach to the carriageway closure. Traffic will then be diverted to exit the M11 at the junction 8 exit, cross the Haymead Interchange roundabout and then rejoin the M11 again via the entry slip.
Road users are advised to plan their journeys before they set out, and to leave extra time if they are going to be affected by this work.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out