Overnight repair work at M11 Bishop’s Stortford
OVERNIGHT repair work to maintain safe and reliable journeys on the M11 will begin on Sunday October 28.
Concrete repairs will be carried out on the Haymead Bridge at junction 8, Haymead Interchange. During this time, the northbound and southbound carriageways underneath the bridge at junction 8 will be closed to allow work to be carried out safely.
It is anticipated that work will last for two weeks and will be finished on Thursday November 8. It will avoid the busy weekend nights, taking place between Sunday and Thursday nights only.
Highways Agency project manager, Brian Pitkin, said: “This work is part of our commitment to maintain safe and reliable journeys for road users on our network. This stretch of road is a vital link for many local residents, as well as being an important part of the strategic network.
“By carrying out the work overnight between 9pm and 5am and avoiding the weekend, we can minimise the disruption to road users.”
You may also want to watch:
During the overnight work, a speed restriction of 50mph will be in place on the approach to the carriageway closure. Traffic will then be diverted to exit the M11 at the junction 8 exit, cross the Haymead Interchange roundabout and then rejoin the M11 again via the entry slip.
Road users are advised to plan their journeys before they set out, and to leave extra time if they are going to be affected by this work.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal