Owners of extraordinary house open it up for supper club
THE OWNERS of an extraordinary home are introducing the supper club to bring strangers together in an even stranger house.
Inspired by a passion for food, people and conversation, the Talliston Supperclub is an intimate private dining room created to satisfy appetites for a friendly and adventurous eating experience.
John Trevillian, who owns the house, said: “Strictly for those in-the-know, it’s a unique experience of a kind that you won’t find in any restaurant guide. Akin to speakeasies from an earlier era, most underground restaurants are the best-known secrets in town – and responsible for reinventing the dining experience; one lovingly prepared, restaurant-quality meal at a time.
“We ask no more of our guests than that they arrive with a civilised manner, something to drink and a financial contribution. In return, they’ll enjoy a four-course set menu where food is key, but there’s also the chance to explore the rooms of Talliston and stay around after dinner to chat with fellow diners.”
Talliston is a 25-year art project designed to transform a council house into something exceptional that has to be seen to be believed.
You may also want to watch:
The two new events at Talliston for 2013 are: Down The Rabbit Hole Dinner Party and The Haunting of Manse L’Estrange Dinner Party. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mr Trevillian on 07760 171100. Alternatively, look up Talliston on Facebook or Meetup.
- 1 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 8 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 9 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 10 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday