Cambridgeshire pub destroyed by fire overnight
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
A pub in Cambridgeshire has been destroyed by fire.
Around 50 firefighters from as far away as Saffron Walden, Huntingdon and Halstead tackled a blaze at The Chequers pub in Pampisford on Wednesday, December 8.
Crews were called to the fire at 11.15pm.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire in a flat above a pub, with flames and smoke issuing through the roof.
"Wearing breathing apparatus, they tackled the fire from the outside as the fire has spread through the roof causing it to collapse.
"The crews worked hard throughout the night to prevent the fire from spreading to neighbouring thatch properties."
The building had already been evacuated when crews arrived, and no casualties needed any treatment.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 5 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 6 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service will investigate the cause of the blaze.