Passengers take to Stansted Airport’s new lounge
- Credit: Archant
A new lounge open to all customers at Stansted Airport is proving a major success.
Part of London Stansted’s £260million investment programme to improve services, the Escape Lounge has attracted over 9,000 passengers since it opened its doors four weeks ago.
And the lounge is open to both business and leisure passengers – the first time this has happened in the airport’s 24-year history.
The lounge offers free unlimited Wi-Fi, plasma TVs, charging points, complimentary reading material, a complimentary menu, a self-service pantry and a fully tended bar as well as upgrade options such as salmon and champagne.
Feedback from passengers has so far been overwhelmingly positive.
You may also want to watch:
The lounge can be booked online at www.stanstedairport.com/escape
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road