Past secrets to be unlocked in Clavering
A NEW history class will teach people how to recognise the clues in their surroundings to unlock the secrets of is past. The evening class, called Discover the past in your landscape, will be held in Clavering in the autumn. The tutor is Cambridge archa
A NEW history class will teach people how to recognise the clues in their surroundings to unlock the secrets of is past.
The evening class, called Discover the past in your landscape, will be held in Clavering in the autumn.
The tutor is Cambridge archaeologist, Dr Nicholas James, who gave a class last year in the village and is back by popular demand.
Dr James will help students to discover the traces of history all around, on the ground and from above, in earthworks, buildings, streets, trees, place names and many other ways.
You may also want to watch:
No previous knowledge is required and all learning materials are supplied including loan of relevant books. The history classes are administered under the umbrella of the Continuing Learning centre at Madingley.
The sessions will take place on Thursday evenings starting on October 1 with the addition of a field trip to various sites including the medieval lost village of Clopton in Cambridgeshire.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
Advance booking is essential and further information can be obtained by ringing 01799 550462 or emailing email@example.com.