Past secrets to be unlocked in Clavering
A NEW history class will teach people how to recognise the clues in their surroundings to unlock the secrets of is past. The evening class, called Discover the past in your landscape, will be held in Clavering in the autumn. The tutor is Cambridge archa
A NEW history class will teach people how to recognise the clues in their surroundings to unlock the secrets of is past.
The evening class, called Discover the past in your landscape, will be held in Clavering in the autumn.
The tutor is Cambridge archaeologist, Dr Nicholas James, who gave a class last year in the village and is back by popular demand.
Dr James will help students to discover the traces of history all around, on the ground and from above, in earthworks, buildings, streets, trees, place names and many other ways.
You may also want to watch:
No previous knowledge is required and all learning materials are supplied including loan of relevant books. The history classes are administered under the umbrella of the Continuing Learning centre at Madingley.
The sessions will take place on Thursday evenings starting on October 1 with the addition of a field trip to various sites including the medieval lost village of Clopton in Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
Advance booking is essential and further information can be obtained by ringing 01799 550462 or emailing email@example.com.