Past secrets to be unlocked in Clavering
A NEW history class will teach people how to recognise the clues in their surroundings to unlock the secrets of is past. The evening class, called Discover the past in your landscape, will be held in Clavering in the autumn. The tutor is Cambridge archa
A NEW history class will teach people how to recognise the clues in their surroundings to unlock the secrets of is past.
The evening class, called Discover the past in your landscape, will be held in Clavering in the autumn.
The tutor is Cambridge archaeologist, Dr Nicholas James, who gave a class last year in the village and is back by popular demand.
Dr James will help students to discover the traces of history all around, on the ground and from above, in earthworks, buildings, streets, trees, place names and many other ways.
You may also want to watch:
No previous knowledge is required and all learning materials are supplied including loan of relevant books. The history classes are administered under the umbrella of the Continuing Learning centre at Madingley.
The sessions will take place on Thursday evenings starting on October 1 with the addition of a field trip to various sites including the medieval lost village of Clopton in Cambridgeshire.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 7 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 8 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
Advance booking is essential and further information can be obtained by ringing 01799 550462 or emailing email@example.com.