PCT chief executive to move to Norfolk
AIDAN Thomas, who has been chief executive at NHS West Essex since its inception in October 2006, has announced he will be leaving this summer to become chief executive to the Norfolk & Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust.Mr Thomas, who has also been
AIDAN Thomas, who has been chief executive at NHS West Essex since its inception in October 2006, has announced he will be leaving this summer to become chief executive to the Norfolk & Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust.
Mr Thomas, who has also been chief executive of Epping Forest PCT, said: "I am very sorry to be leaving my friends and colleagues both in the PCT and amongst its stakeholders in west Essex.
"I have no doubt, however, that the PCT can and will move on to greater things due to the strength of the team and the partnerships we have developed.
"The opportunity to move to Norfolk fulfils a personal ambition to move back into the provision of mental health services."
You may also want to watch:
Alan Tobias OBE, chairman of NHS West Essex, said: "Aidan has given tremendous service to the people of west Essex in both his roles as chief executive and he is owed a huge debt of gratitude.
"I shall be very sorry to lose him, he will be a hard act to follow. I wish him every success for the future.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
"One of his strengths was to build a superb team under him. I am absolutely confident that they will meet the challenge that Aidan's departure brings and move NHS West Essex on to greater things.