PCT chief executive to move to Norfolk
AIDAN Thomas, who has been chief executive at NHS West Essex since its inception in October 2006, has announced he will be leaving this summer to become chief executive to the Norfolk & Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust.Mr Thomas, who has also been
AIDAN Thomas, who has been chief executive at NHS West Essex since its inception in October 2006, has announced he will be leaving this summer to become chief executive to the Norfolk & Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust.
Mr Thomas, who has also been chief executive of Epping Forest PCT, said: "I am very sorry to be leaving my friends and colleagues both in the PCT and amongst its stakeholders in west Essex.
"I have no doubt, however, that the PCT can and will move on to greater things due to the strength of the team and the partnerships we have developed.
"The opportunity to move to Norfolk fulfils a personal ambition to move back into the provision of mental health services."
You may also want to watch:
Alan Tobias OBE, chairman of NHS West Essex, said: "Aidan has given tremendous service to the people of west Essex in both his roles as chief executive and he is owed a huge debt of gratitude.
"I shall be very sorry to lose him, he will be a hard act to follow. I wish him every success for the future.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
"One of his strengths was to build a superb team under him. I am absolutely confident that they will meet the challenge that Aidan's departure brings and move NHS West Essex on to greater things.