PCT chief executive to move to Norfolk
AIDAN Thomas, who has been chief executive at NHS West Essex since its inception in October 2006, has announced he will be leaving this summer to become chief executive to the Norfolk & Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust.Mr Thomas, who has also been
AIDAN Thomas, who has been chief executive at NHS West Essex since its inception in October 2006, has announced he will be leaving this summer to become chief executive to the Norfolk & Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust.
Mr Thomas, who has also been chief executive of Epping Forest PCT, said: "I am very sorry to be leaving my friends and colleagues both in the PCT and amongst its stakeholders in west Essex.
"I have no doubt, however, that the PCT can and will move on to greater things due to the strength of the team and the partnerships we have developed.
"The opportunity to move to Norfolk fulfils a personal ambition to move back into the provision of mental health services."
You may also want to watch:
Alan Tobias OBE, chairman of NHS West Essex, said: "Aidan has given tremendous service to the people of west Essex in both his roles as chief executive and he is owed a huge debt of gratitude.
"I shall be very sorry to lose him, he will be a hard act to follow. I wish him every success for the future.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
"One of his strengths was to build a superb team under him. I am absolutely confident that they will meet the challenge that Aidan's departure brings and move NHS West Essex on to greater things.