PCT launches page on Twitter
NHS WEST ESSEX has launched its own page on the social networking site Twitter. The text-based service allows people to receive alerts no longer than 140 characters with links available to other websites. A spokesman said: The idea is to keep people in
NHS WEST ESSEX has launched its own page on the social networking site Twitter.
The text-based service allows people to receive 'alerts' no longer than 140 characters with links available to other websites.
A spokesman said: "The idea is to keep people informed about what we are doing. Twitter is another way to reach our audiences - especially the younger ones who are into texting and using forums such as Twitter to keep in touch.
"We are using Twitter to post headline news from our press releases, and other news, with links to our website."
You may also want to watch:
If you are not already signed up to Twitter you will need to register free of charge.
You can then start to follow our Twitter messages by going to www.twitter.com/nhswestessex and clicking on 'Follow'.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank