PCT launches page on Twitter
NHS WEST ESSEX has launched its own page on the social networking site Twitter. The text-based service allows people to receive alerts no longer than 140 characters with links available to other websites. A spokesman said: The idea is to keep people in
NHS WEST ESSEX has launched its own page on the social networking site Twitter.
The text-based service allows people to receive 'alerts' no longer than 140 characters with links available to other websites.
A spokesman said: "The idea is to keep people informed about what we are doing. Twitter is another way to reach our audiences - especially the younger ones who are into texting and using forums such as Twitter to keep in touch.
"We are using Twitter to post headline news from our press releases, and other news, with links to our website."
You may also want to watch:
If you are not already signed up to Twitter you will need to register free of charge.
You can then start to follow our Twitter messages by going to www.twitter.com/nhswestessex and clicking on 'Follow'.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor