Peel2Save coupon card launched in Saffron Walden
A SCHEME aimed at raising money for non-profit organisations and charities has been officially launched in Saffron Walden.
Representatives from businesses, charities and community groups got together at Dish restaurant in King Street for the curtain-raiser of Peel2Save.
The credit-sized Peel2Save cards contain 64 peel-off coupons – each promoting an offer from a local business – which fit “neatly into a purse or wallet”. The card is sold for �10 by organisations and good causes, which keep �5.
The scheme is “no-risk” for charities, churches, schools, sports clubs, youth groups and other organisations to raise much-needed cash.
Co-ordinator Julie Hutchison said: “The Peel2Save card offers such fantastic value – people can buy a card and get their money back by using just one voucher.
You may also want to watch:
“We really want this to take off in Saffron Walden and for people to recognise the brand and understand it. People can save money and help good causes.”
Valid for 12 months, the card contains offers from 30 companies with more than �500 of offers.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
They include up to 25 per cent off your food bill at Dish, savings at Meze and Maze, Gluttons, The Coach and Horses, clothing retailers, car wash services, Saffron Screen and Tumbledowns plus many more.
Charities already selling the Peel2Save card are Riding for the Disabled, Guide groups, Newport Primary School, Wimbish, Primary School, Saffron Hawks and Wendens Ambo Mini Rugby.