Peel2Save coupon card launched in Saffron Walden
A SCHEME aimed at raising money for non-profit organisations and charities has been officially launched in Saffron Walden.
Representatives from businesses, charities and community groups got together at Dish restaurant in King Street for the curtain-raiser of Peel2Save.
The credit-sized Peel2Save cards contain 64 peel-off coupons – each promoting an offer from a local business – which fit “neatly into a purse or wallet”. The card is sold for �10 by organisations and good causes, which keep �5.
The scheme is “no-risk” for charities, churches, schools, sports clubs, youth groups and other organisations to raise much-needed cash.
Co-ordinator Julie Hutchison said: “The Peel2Save card offers such fantastic value – people can buy a card and get their money back by using just one voucher.
“We really want this to take off in Saffron Walden and for people to recognise the brand and understand it. People can save money and help good causes.”
Valid for 12 months, the card contains offers from 30 companies with more than �500 of offers.
- 1 Pictures: Hundreds take part in Saffron Walden Jubilee walk
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 5 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 6 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
They include up to 25 per cent off your food bill at Dish, savings at Meze and Maze, Gluttons, The Coach and Horses, clothing retailers, car wash services, Saffron Screen and Tumbledowns plus many more.
Charities already selling the Peel2Save card are Riding for the Disabled, Guide groups, Newport Primary School, Wimbish, Primary School, Saffron Hawks and Wendens Ambo Mini Rugby.