PENSION STRIKES: All four of Uttlesford’s state secondary schools to close on Wednesday
ALL four of Uttlesford’s state secondary schools have said they will close, or partially close, tomorrow (Wednesday) as thousands of public sector workers join a strike over pensions.
Last week Mountfitchet Maths and Computing College in Stansted confirmed it will close, and Saffron Walden County High School said that it cannot remain open for students in Years 7-11, although the school will make facilities available for students in Years 12 and 13.
Now Newport Free Grammar School and Helena Romanes School in Dunmow have both said that they will be closed to students in Years 7-11
HRS’s Year 10 and 11 mock exams scheduled for Wednesday will be rearranged.
Many primary schools in the Reporter and Broadcast areas will also be closing, including St Mary’s in Saffron Walden, Thaxted, Chrishall and Henham & Ugley, although others, including RA Butler and St Thomas More in Saffron Walden, and Dunmow St Mary’s and Dunmow Primary, have said that they will be staying open.
You may also want to watch:
• YOUR VIEWS: What do you think of the proposed strike action? What will the disruption to services mean for you? Send your views to email@example.com
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 7 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision