PENSION STRIKES: All four of Uttlesford’s state secondary schools to close on Wednesday
ALL four of Uttlesford’s state secondary schools have said they will close, or partially close, tomorrow (Wednesday) as thousands of public sector workers join a strike over pensions.
Last week Mountfitchet Maths and Computing College in Stansted confirmed it will close, and Saffron Walden County High School said that it cannot remain open for students in Years 7-11, although the school will make facilities available for students in Years 12 and 13.
Now Newport Free Grammar School and Helena Romanes School in Dunmow have both said that they will be closed to students in Years 7-11
HRS’s Year 10 and 11 mock exams scheduled for Wednesday will be rearranged.
Many primary schools in the Reporter and Broadcast areas will also be closing, including St Mary’s in Saffron Walden, Thaxted, Chrishall and Henham & Ugley, although others, including RA Butler and St Thomas More in Saffron Walden, and Dunmow St Mary’s and Dunmow Primary, have said that they will be staying open.
You may also want to watch:
• YOUR VIEWS: What do you think of the proposed strike action? What will the disruption to services mean for you? Send your views to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings