PENSION STRIKES: All four of Uttlesford’s state secondary schools to close on Wednesday
ALL four of Uttlesford’s state secondary schools have said they will close, or partially close, tomorrow (Wednesday) as thousands of public sector workers join a strike over pensions.
Last week Mountfitchet Maths and Computing College in Stansted confirmed it will close, and Saffron Walden County High School said that it cannot remain open for students in Years 7-11, although the school will make facilities available for students in Years 12 and 13.
Now Newport Free Grammar School and Helena Romanes School in Dunmow have both said that they will be closed to students in Years 7-11
HRS’s Year 10 and 11 mock exams scheduled for Wednesday will be rearranged.
Many primary schools in the Reporter and Broadcast areas will also be closing, including St Mary’s in Saffron Walden, Thaxted, Chrishall and Henham & Ugley, although others, including RA Butler and St Thomas More in Saffron Walden, and Dunmow St Mary’s and Dunmow Primary, have said that they will be staying open.
You may also want to watch:
• YOUR VIEWS: What do you think of the proposed strike action? What will the disruption to services mean for you? Send your views to email@example.com
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley