Pensioner dies after A11 road collision
A MAN has died following a collision on the A11 at Fourwentways.
The collision happened shortly after reports that a car was travelling the wrong way along the A11 southbound carriageway at just before 6am today (October 18).
It involved two vehicles, a Vauxhall Corsa and a Mercedes Sprinter van, and happened just before the A1301 turning.
The driver of the Corsa, a man in his 70s, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital but later died.
The driver of the van suffered a serious but non life-threatening injury.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the collision and are appealing for anyone who saw what happened, or either of the vehicles involved just prior to the crash.
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Liz Groom on 101.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays