Pensioner dies after A11 road collision
A MAN has died following a collision on the A11 at Fourwentways.
The collision happened shortly after reports that a car was travelling the wrong way along the A11 southbound carriageway at just before 6am today (October 18).
It involved two vehicles, a Vauxhall Corsa and a Mercedes Sprinter van, and happened just before the A1301 turning.
The driver of the Corsa, a man in his 70s, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital but later died.
The driver of the van suffered a serious but non life-threatening injury.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the collision and are appealing for anyone who saw what happened, or either of the vehicles involved just prior to the crash.
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Liz Groom on 101.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase