Pensioner dies after A11 road collision
A MAN has died following a collision on the A11 at Fourwentways.
The collision happened shortly after reports that a car was travelling the wrong way along the A11 southbound carriageway at just before 6am today (October 18).
It involved two vehicles, a Vauxhall Corsa and a Mercedes Sprinter van, and happened just before the A1301 turning.
The driver of the Corsa, a man in his 70s, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital but later died.
The driver of the van suffered a serious but non life-threatening injury.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the collision and are appealing for anyone who saw what happened, or either of the vehicles involved just prior to the crash.
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Liz Groom on 101.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 4 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 5 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 8 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton