Pensioner dies after A11 road collision
A MAN has died following a collision on the A11 at Fourwentways.
The collision happened shortly after reports that a car was travelling the wrong way along the A11 southbound carriageway at just before 6am today (October 18).
It involved two vehicles, a Vauxhall Corsa and a Mercedes Sprinter van, and happened just before the A1301 turning.
The driver of the Corsa, a man in his 70s, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital but later died.
The driver of the van suffered a serious but non life-threatening injury.
Police are investigating the collision and are appealing for anyone who saw what happened, or either of the vehicles involved just prior to the crash.
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Liz Groom on 101.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 3 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 4 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 5 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 6 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 10 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden