Pensioners suffer smoke inhalation after bungalow blaze

PUBLISHED: 11:16 12 April 2012

Fire

Fire

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze at a bungalow in Berden last night.

A 91-year-old man and an 87-year-old woman suffered smoke inhalation and fire crews administered first aid at the scene.

Crews from Stansted, Newport and Bishop’s Stortford were called to the property in Little London, Berden, near Bishop’s Stortford at 10.29pm yesterday. Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used two hose reels to extinguish the fire by 11.45pm.

A high pressure fan was used to ventilate the property free of smoke.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Saffron Walden Reporter