Pensioners suffer smoke inhalation after bungalow blaze

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze at a bungalow in Berden last night.

A 91-year-old man and an 87-year-old woman suffered smoke inhalation and fire crews administered first aid at the scene.

Crews from Stansted, Newport and Bishop’s Stortford were called to the property in Little London, Berden, near Bishop’s Stortford at 10.29pm yesterday. Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used two hose reels to extinguish the fire by 11.45pm.

A high pressure fan was used to ventilate the property free of smoke.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter