Pentecost Praise on Saffron Walden Common
A JOINT picnic and service of praise to celebrate Pentecost has been organised by all the churches of Saffron Walden through the joint organisation of Churches Together.
The Songs of Praise-type event, to mark the birth of the Christian church, will be held on the Common on Sunday June 12.
The picnic starts from 3.45pm, bring your own picnic food, rugs and chairs. The service will begin at 4.30pm and will last approximately one hour. Representatives from all the town’s churches will be taking part - with hymns chosen by the Baptist Church, Gold Street Chapel, the Salvation Army, the Methodist Church , New Life Church and St Mary’s.
Readings are by representatives of the URC and Friends Churches and the Roman Catholic Church will lead the prayers. All are welcome and the event will be held whatever the weather.
Pentecost is the festival that marks the birth of the Christian church by the power of the Holy Spirit. You can read the biblical account of Pentecost in Acts 2:1-41.
You may also want to watch:
Further details can be found at saffronpentecost.org.uk
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 6 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 7 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 8 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival