Pentecost Praise on Saffron Walden Common
A JOINT picnic and service of praise to celebrate Pentecost has been organised by all the churches of Saffron Walden through the joint organisation of Churches Together.
The Songs of Praise-type event, to mark the birth of the Christian church, will be held on the Common on Sunday June 12.
The picnic starts from 3.45pm, bring your own picnic food, rugs and chairs. The service will begin at 4.30pm and will last approximately one hour. Representatives from all the town’s churches will be taking part - with hymns chosen by the Baptist Church, Gold Street Chapel, the Salvation Army, the Methodist Church , New Life Church and St Mary’s.
Readings are by representatives of the URC and Friends Churches and the Roman Catholic Church will lead the prayers. All are welcome and the event will be held whatever the weather.
Pentecost is the festival that marks the birth of the Christian church by the power of the Holy Spirit. You can read the biblical account of Pentecost in Acts 2:1-41.
You may also want to watch:
Further details can be found at saffronpentecost.org.uk
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'