People in Essex urged to make fundraising event the biggest ever
CANCER charity is asking Uttlesford residents to help raise �8.5m to make its flagship fundraising event its biggest ever.
Macmillan Cancer Support wants locals to raise �300,500 from the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning to contribute to the charity’s record-breaking fundraising target.
Macmillan’s fundraising manager in Essex, Kate Whittle said: “We are determined to make this year’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning our biggest ever.
“What better way to toast Macmillan than to sign up and get together with friends, eat cake, raise a glass or mug and have fun whilst helping to raise vital funds.”
The idea behind the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is that people hold their own coffee morning in their homes, work places or local community.
You may also want to watch:
They ask for donations in return for drinks and cakes and then pass on the proceeds to Macmillan.
The official World’s Biggest Coffee Morning day is Friday September 30, but Macmillan says it is happy for people to hold events on a day that suits them.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 7 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 8 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 9 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 10 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
“The great thing about this event is that you can put your own twist on it and make it work for you,” said Mrs Whittle.
“Whether it’s a coffee morning at work, an afternoon tea party with the girls or a lively curry night at the rugby club, each World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event, no matter how small or large, will help Macmillan make a real difference to people affected by cancer.”
Two million people in the UK are currently living with cancer, and one in three will be diagnosed with it during their lifetime.
The money raised from the event will be used to fund Macmillan’s support services for people with cancer and their families.
Amongst these services is the fantastic information and support centre in Colchester where those affected by cancer can go for medical, emotional and financial advice.
To find out more about the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning visit macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 602 1246.
ARE you holding a coffee morning for charity? Get in touch. E-mail us at email@example.com or call 01799 512881.