'People's Tenor' Russell Watson gets Audley End Picnic Concerts season off to a winning start
THE champagne corks were popping at the opening evening of the Picnic Concerts at Audley End House, organised by English Heritage in conjunction with Jacques Cider. People s Tenor Russell Watson opened the season with a mixture of classical arias, tradi
THE champagne corks were popping at the opening evening of the Picnic Concerts at Audley End House, organised by English Heritage in conjunction with Jacques Cider.
'People's Tenor' Russell Watson opened the season with a mixture of classical arias, traditional and modern songs that excited the audience of all ages.
Sense of Sound, his backing group, kicked off with a rousing rendition of Ultravox's Vienna which indicated that we were all in for a real treat.
In the splendid grounds of Audley End, Mr Watson entertained the crowds with a wide range of songs including Volare, Nessum Dorma and You Are So Beautiful and also had the audience rocking with a hit from the Beatles.
You may also want to watch:
Even the grey clouds above did not deter the many groups of picnickers enjoying the wonderful performance amongst the classic scenery with the historic house rising up behind the stage.
After a fun filled evening of dancing, singing and flag waving to the nations' favourite songs, onlookers were treated to a spectacular firework display that ended a perfect musical occasion.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
- 8 Stations benefit from funding
- 9 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
By Donna Neville