'People's Tenor' Russell Watson gets Audley End Picnic Concerts season off to a winning start
THE champagne corks were popping at the opening evening of the Picnic Concerts at Audley End House, organised by English Heritage in conjunction with Jacques Cider. People s Tenor Russell Watson opened the season with a mixture of classical arias, tradi
THE champagne corks were popping at the opening evening of the Picnic Concerts at Audley End House, organised by English Heritage in conjunction with Jacques Cider.
'People's Tenor' Russell Watson opened the season with a mixture of classical arias, traditional and modern songs that excited the audience of all ages.
Sense of Sound, his backing group, kicked off with a rousing rendition of Ultravox's Vienna which indicated that we were all in for a real treat.
In the splendid grounds of Audley End, Mr Watson entertained the crowds with a wide range of songs including Volare, Nessum Dorma and You Are So Beautiful and also had the audience rocking with a hit from the Beatles.
You may also want to watch:
Even the grey clouds above did not deter the many groups of picnickers enjoying the wonderful performance amongst the classic scenery with the historic house rising up behind the stage.
After a fun filled evening of dancing, singing and flag waving to the nations' favourite songs, onlookers were treated to a spectacular firework display that ended a perfect musical occasion.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 8 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
By Donna Neville