Pet lover holds jumble sale in aid of Animal Rescue Charity
A PET lover who rescued two kittens has been inspired to host her own fundraising event for an animal charity.
Amy Hughes, 32, of Rickling Green is holding a jumble sale in Quendon village hall at 2pm on Saturday (July 10) in aid of the Animal Rescue Charity.
Mrs Hughes said: “I rescued two kittens from the charity four years ago and I was amazed at the wonderful work it does. It is solely funded by donations so every penny counts.
“The two kittens I re-homed had been dumped in box in a thunderstorm in Stansted and were thankfully found by a dog walker. I just knew then that I had to help make sure the charity stayed open to help animals in need.
“It got me thinking that I should be giving something back to the community and it turns out there are a lot of like minded people out there wanting to do their bit.”
You may also want to watch:
It is the second year Mrs Hughes has held the event. Last year she managed to raise over �500 – and she is hoping to do better that this time around.
“I got such amazing support last year and it seems that animal welfare is an issue close to everyone’s heart,” she said.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Stations benefit from funding
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 7 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 10 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
“Due to popular demand I’m hoping to make it an annual event. The feeling of handing over that cheque was fantastic; I just wish I had more time to make even more money.”
Tea and a tombola will be available on the day and there is free parking. The village hall will be open on the Friday night before the sale (July 9), from 6pm to 9pm, and again on Saturday morning from 10am to noon, for anyone wishing to donate items.
? The Animal Rescue Charity is based in Bishop’s Stortford. It aims to allow animals to live their life without fear or exploitation, and to run a rehabilitation programme. For more information call 01279 501547.