Peter Pan performance is Pure genius
MAGIC dust was sprinkled all over a performing arts school’s musical Peter Pan.
Three packed houses shared the love of the musical, with all the 75 students of The Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts involved, from Wendy and Peter Pan to Captain Hook and his Pirates and all the Indians.
A natural-looking set of Neverland had many special touches to add to the magic, while many company members were also backstage, front of house and at hand to help with the lighting and sound.
Pure Rhythm principal Sue Raven said: “It gets harder and harder to top the last year’s show, but they all came together again and did a fantastic job and gave their all and managed to raise the bar yet again. I’m so proud of them all.”
The Pure Rhythm Theatre Company, which is for students over 14 and follows on from the school, are putting on their own production, a new Broadway musical called 13 on June the 13 and 14 at Saffron Walden County High School.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from Sue Raven at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ