Peterborough drug dealer jailed following stop check on M11 near Stansted
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man from Peterborough has been jailed for two years after police recovered 254 wraps of class A drugs following a stop check on the M11.
Edvinas Masilionis and his 17-year-old passenger were stopped near Stansted in the early hours of April 17 after officers became suspicious about the manner of his driving.
During a search of the green BMW 3 series, police discovered a number of wraps of heroin and crack cocaine, and a used needle containing traces of both drugs concealed in the steering wheel column.
Masilionis, of Chartwell Close, Peterborough and the teenager from Middlesex, who cannot be named, were both arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
More wraps of class A drugs were recovered during searches in custody and in total, 136 wraps of heroin and 118 wraps of cocaine with an estimated street value of more than £3,000 were recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Both were charged with possession with intent to supply crack cocaine and possession with intent to supply heroin.
Masilionis was found guilty of both charges and sentenced to two years in prison at Chelmsford Crown Court on October 9.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
His co-defendant pleaded guilty to both charges at the same court in August and was made the subject of an 18-month community order.