Photograph and memorabilia experience in Radwinter
THE Radwinter Society will be holding a Photographs and Memorabilia Experience in the village on Saturday June 13. The society will be displaying photographs of old Radwinter and its people as well as a number of artefacts. Members are also encouraging p
THE Radwinter Society will be holding a Photographs and Memorabilia Experience in the village on Saturday June 13.
The society will be displaying photographs of old Radwinter and its people as well as a number of artefacts.
Members are also encouraging people to bring along their old Radwinter photographs, documents or artefacts, either to display or to have them photographed or scanned so that copies can be kept in the archives for the benefit of future generations.
Chairman of the Radwinter Society and local Radwinter History Recorder, Michael Southgate, said: "Many very interesting photographs of people, places or events and several other items, such as old house title deeds, have left the village in the past because families naturally wish to keep them or their heirs do not appreciate their vital importance to village history.
You may also want to watch:
"House deeds, great-granddad's memories of farming before the war or a record of prices paid for food in the old days all help to capture the past and many small items go to building up the total picture."
The event takes place in Radwinter Village Hall from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 8 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 9 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival