PIC: Government files reveal UFO sightings in Essex
UNEXPLAINED glowing lights and clusters have been seen in Uttlesford skies, according to a report from the Ministry of Defence. The MOD documents, released earlier this month, are a list of all the possible sightings of UFOs reported during 2009. Both Saf
UNEXPLAINED glowing lights and clusters have been seen in Uttlesford skies, according to a report from the Ministry of Defence.
The MOD documents, released earlier this month, are a list of all the possible sightings of UFOs reported during 2009.
Both Saffron Walden and areas south of Great Dunmow feature in the lists.
On June 20, two objects the size of light aircraft but perfectly spherical, and glowing bright orange, appeared in the night sky at around 10pm to the south of Great Dunmow towards Chelmsford.
According to the eyewitness who reported them they "were solid and made no sound" before heading off in a south-easterly direction.
On October 16 at around 3pm a strange cluster of objects were spotted at high altitude flying close together over Saffron Walden. They were heading towards London.
- 1 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 4 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 5 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 6 Harmer haul helps Essex Eagles tame Sussex Sharks in VItality Blast
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 9 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 10 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
Further west, Harlow residents also reported several sightings. However, there were no reported UFO sightings around the Stansted Airport area during 2009.
Have you seen UFO's in our skies? We want your story - call us on 01799 512882 or e-mail us at nick.Thompson@archant.co.uk