Pic: Women rescued from blaze near Thaxted
A WOMAN has been rescued from a house blaze which firefighters are still tackling this afternoon (Monday January 4). A fire broke out in a large detached house in Cutlers Green shortly after 11am. The road between Debden and Thaxted remains closed as fire
A WOMAN has been rescued from a house blaze which firefighters are still tackling this afternoon (Monday January 4).
A fire broke out in a large detached house in Cutlers Green shortly after 11am. The road between Debden and Thaxted remains closed as fire crews make the area safe.
One woman is known to have been rescued from the house and was left in the care of the ambulance service suffering the affects of smoke inhalation.
At 12.45pm the officer in charge reported that the top floor of the house and the roof were well alight and called for an additional two fire engines for water.
You may also want to watch:
By 2pm the fire had broken through the roof and the house had partially collapsed. Crews have been hampered by a shortage of water and are now using the high volume pump and Suffolk Fire service's water bowser to ensure that crews have a good enough supply to tackle the fire.
Crews from Saffron Walden, Ongar, Dunmow, Newport, Stansted and Wethersfield are attending the scene. Four main jets are being used and crews have carried out a salvage operation.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation