Pic: Women rescued from blaze near Thaxted
A WOMAN has been rescued from a house blaze which firefighters are still tackling this afternoon (Monday January 4). A fire broke out in a large detached house in Cutlers Green shortly after 11am. The road between Debden and Thaxted remains closed as fire
A WOMAN has been rescued from a house blaze which firefighters are still tackling this afternoon (Monday January 4).
A fire broke out in a large detached house in Cutlers Green shortly after 11am. The road between Debden and Thaxted remains closed as fire crews make the area safe.
One woman is known to have been rescued from the house and was left in the care of the ambulance service suffering the affects of smoke inhalation.
At 12.45pm the officer in charge reported that the top floor of the house and the roof were well alight and called for an additional two fire engines for water.
You may also want to watch:
By 2pm the fire had broken through the roof and the house had partially collapsed. Crews have been hampered by a shortage of water and are now using the high volume pump and Suffolk Fire service's water bowser to ensure that crews have a good enough supply to tackle the fire.
Crews from Saffron Walden, Ongar, Dunmow, Newport, Stansted and Wethersfield are attending the scene. Four main jets are being used and crews have carried out a salvage operation.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 10 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months