Pic: Women rescued from blaze near Thaxted
A WOMAN has been rescued from a house blaze which firefighters are still tackling this afternoon (Monday January 4). A fire broke out in a large detached house in Cutlers Green shortly after 11am. The road between Debden and Thaxted remains closed as fire
A WOMAN has been rescued from a house blaze which firefighters are still tackling this afternoon (Monday January 4).
A fire broke out in a large detached house in Cutlers Green shortly after 11am. The road between Debden and Thaxted remains closed as fire crews make the area safe.
One woman is known to have been rescued from the house and was left in the care of the ambulance service suffering the affects of smoke inhalation.
At 12.45pm the officer in charge reported that the top floor of the house and the roof were well alight and called for an additional two fire engines for water.
You may also want to watch:
By 2pm the fire had broken through the roof and the house had partially collapsed. Crews have been hampered by a shortage of water and are now using the high volume pump and Suffolk Fire service's water bowser to ensure that crews have a good enough supply to tackle the fire.
Crews from Saffron Walden, Ongar, Dunmow, Newport, Stansted and Wethersfield are attending the scene. Four main jets are being used and crews have carried out a salvage operation.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 3 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 4 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 5 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 6 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 7 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 10 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups