Picnic ban for Paul Weller concert at Audley End has been lifted
- Credit: Archant
Pack your picnics for Paul Weller as the organisers of the Audley End concert have announced revellers will be allowed into the arena area with them.
Earlier in the year people were furious to discover there was a blanket ban on bringing food and drink to the concert – despite it being a tradition.
So with a glorious summer predicted everyone can now and sit in style and comfort with their own picnics, blankets and chairs, and enjoy the brilliant opening weekend concert - Paul Weller (July 26) followed by the next weekend with The Greatest 80s Party… Ever (August 2) and the Last Night of the Audley Proms (August 3) - both of which are picnic events too.
As in previous years concert goers can enjoy the beautiful grounds of Audley End House & Gardens before being allowed in the concert arena, and to supplement people’s own sumptuous picnics there will be a licensed bar and a variety of hot and cold food available for purchase at reasonable prices.
Portal Events, promoters of Audley End Summer Concerts, said: “We are delighted to announce that picnics can now be enjoyed at all our concerts this year. We listened to the feedback following tickets going on sale for Paul Weller in Concert and can now deliver the atmosphere people enjoy and have come to expect at Audley End.
You may also want to watch:
“We apologise this was not resolved at the outset and we hope to welcome people back to what promises to be a memorable series of music events.”
To buy tickets for the event visit audleyendconcerts.com or call 0871 231 0847. They will also be on sale at the Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre and Bishops Stortford Tourist Information Centre.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party