Picture gallery: Crowds delighted at Queen’s visit to Felsted School
- Credit: Archant
People lined the streets of Felsted waving Union Jack flags to welcome the arrival of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.
The spectators waited for hours to catch a glimpse of the monarch as she arrived at Felsted School on Tuesday for the school’s 450th anniversary celebrations.
Angie Dorrington, whose children used to attend the school, said: “I think it is such an honour that the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have come here today and it is really exciting for everybody. I am proud to be British and proud to have a monarchy!”
As soon as the Queen’s car was in sight, cheers and applause erupted from members of the eagerly-waiting public.
Lesley Taylor, 68, who lives in The Vicarage, Felsted, wouldn’t have missed it for the world. She said: “This is wonderful for the school and the village. To have a monarch come to the area is just amazing.”
You may also want to watch:
And Lorraine Gordon added: “Events like these do not come round very often, in fact this is a once in a lifetime opportunity which makes it fantastic that it is in our local area.”
- 1 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash