Picture gallery: Crowds flock to Late Night Shopping in Saffron Walden
THE weather may not have been great, but the hoards of shoppers who turned out for Saffron Walden’s annual Christmas event on Friday night certainly ensured a cheery festive atmosphere.
There was an excellent range of stalls on offer and, although the numbers of people attending Late Night Shopping may have down slightly on last year, organisers were still delighted.
“The atmosphere was excellent, the 35 charity stalls did good business and the shops that I spoke with afterwards said that the evening had been a success,” said Peter Riding, chairman of the Saffron Walden Initiative, which organises the event.
“Special mention should be made of the five charity stalls run by students from the County High School and also the excellent range of market trader stalls and the Christmas Gift Fair in the Town Hall.”
In addition to the many stalls, the Pure Sax Band from the County High provided live music, Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company supplied the carol singing and the Round Table arrived in style with Father Christmas and his sleigh. There were also two roving street entertainers on hand.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Riding also paid special thanks to town council staff, police and the Tourist Information Centre.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 8 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 9 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?