Picture gallery: Easter Egg hunt in Saffron Walden is an eggsact science!
- Credit: Archant
Families managed to put down their chocolate on Easter Sunday to take part in a Saffron Walden egg hunt ... in the hope of winning more!
Even the wet weather could not deter keen eggs-plorers from taking part in the annual event, hosted by the Round Table, at Bridge End Garden.
Youngsters and their parents flocked to the popular tourist attraction to search for clues in the hope of winning a Lindt chocolate bunny.
Round Table chairman, Dean Head, said: “It was a great day and lots of people still turned up, despite the bad weather.
“It is a really fun thing to do for the community and gets people out of their homes on Easter Sunday.”
You may also want to watch:
All of the children were entered into a prize draw at the end of the event and Isaac Fraser, of Saffron Walden, won himself four tickets to the opening night of Saffron Walden Carnival on July 4.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 10 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season