Picture gallery: False start! Sport Relief begins a week early at one Saffron Walden school
- Credit: Archant
Sport Relief kicked off early for children at one Saffron Walden school.
Year 3 and 4 classes at St Thomas More help put together a special charity day for the rest of the school to take part in last Friday (March 14).
It was held a week earlier than the nationwide event because the school is due to take part in a swimming gala on that date.
Lots of parents joined in the fun, running their own mile to start the day and then staying on to cheer their children on and watch them take part in lots of activities and challenges.
Every single child, in the Nursery to Year 6, not only completed their mile but did so with a smile on their face.
You may also want to watch:
All the junior children then took part in a special Challenge mile, designed to make them think about the hardships that some children around the world suffer.
So far more than £1,000 has been raised from the day.
- 1 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 8 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 9 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 10 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
• Are you doing anything to raise money for Sport Relief? If so, send us your pictures at email@example.com