Picture gallery: False start! Sport Relief begins a week early at one Saffron Walden school
- Credit: Archant
Sport Relief kicked off early for children at one Saffron Walden school.
Year 3 and 4 classes at St Thomas More help put together a special charity day for the rest of the school to take part in last Friday (March 14).
It was held a week earlier than the nationwide event because the school is due to take part in a swimming gala on that date.
Lots of parents joined in the fun, running their own mile to start the day and then staying on to cheer their children on and watch them take part in lots of activities and challenges.
Every single child, in the Nursery to Year 6, not only completed their mile but did so with a smile on their face.
All the junior children then took part in a special Challenge mile, designed to make them think about the hardships that some children around the world suffer.
So far more than £1,000 has been raised from the day.
- 1 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 4 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 5 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 6 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 7 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 8 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 9 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 10 Saffron Walden maze is refurbished
• Are you doing anything to raise money for Sport Relief? If so, send us your pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org