Picture gallery: False start! Sport Relief begins a week early at one Saffron Walden school
- Credit: Archant
Sport Relief kicked off early for children at one Saffron Walden school.
Year 3 and 4 classes at St Thomas More help put together a special charity day for the rest of the school to take part in last Friday (March 14).
It was held a week earlier than the nationwide event because the school is due to take part in a swimming gala on that date.
Lots of parents joined in the fun, running their own mile to start the day and then staying on to cheer their children on and watch them take part in lots of activities and challenges.
Every single child, in the Nursery to Year 6, not only completed their mile but did so with a smile on their face.
You may also want to watch:
All the junior children then took part in a special Challenge mile, designed to make them think about the hardships that some children around the world suffer.
So far more than £1,000 has been raised from the day.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
• Are you doing anything to raise money for Sport Relief? If so, send us your pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org