Picture gallery: False start! Sport Relief begins a week early at one Saffron Walden school
- Credit: Archant
Sport Relief kicked off early for children at one Saffron Walden school.
Year 3 and 4 classes at St Thomas More help put together a special charity day for the rest of the school to take part in last Friday (March 14).
It was held a week earlier than the nationwide event because the school is due to take part in a swimming gala on that date.
Lots of parents joined in the fun, running their own mile to start the day and then staying on to cheer their children on and watch them take part in lots of activities and challenges.
Every single child, in the Nursery to Year 6, not only completed their mile but did so with a smile on their face.
All the junior children then took part in a special Challenge mile, designed to make them think about the hardships that some children around the world suffer.
So far more than £1,000 has been raised from the day.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 3 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 8 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
• Are you doing anything to raise money for Sport Relief? If so, send us your pictures at email@example.com