Picture gallery: Festival of Learning at Saffron Walden school
- Credit: Archant
Dame Bradbury’s School was a hive of activity and excitement last week as the school enjoyed a Festival of Learning.
The event was based on the theme of Doctor Who for the older children and The Pied Piper of Hamlin for the younger ones.
The week started in style with a visit from ‘The Doctor’ who stepped out of his tardis to greet the children in the Prep. T
he older children spent the week in science, IT and DT workshops investigating the properties of light, making films with green screens, doing UV puppet shows and creating full-scale Cybermen, amongst other things!
Meanwhile, the younger children worked on creating and telling stories and they enjoyed a visit from the childrens’ author and illustrator, James Mayhew. He also visited the school’s Mini-Masterchefs cookery club to make his favourite recipes with the children.
You may also want to watch:
The Pre-prep pupils were joined on a number of occasions during the week by their counterparts from the Stephen Perse Foundation Pre-prep schools in Cambridge and they enjoyed a puppet show and theatre workshop together with the help of the amazing Norwich Puppet Theatre.
Every child in the prep school is making a digital learning book using iPads, based on the week’s activities. The learning book will include their own photos, videos and reflections of the week.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation