Picture gallery: Festival of Learning at Saffron Walden school
- Credit: Archant
Dame Bradbury’s School was a hive of activity and excitement last week as the school enjoyed a Festival of Learning.
The event was based on the theme of Doctor Who for the older children and The Pied Piper of Hamlin for the younger ones.
The week started in style with a visit from ‘The Doctor’ who stepped out of his tardis to greet the children in the Prep. T
he older children spent the week in science, IT and DT workshops investigating the properties of light, making films with green screens, doing UV puppet shows and creating full-scale Cybermen, amongst other things!
Meanwhile, the younger children worked on creating and telling stories and they enjoyed a visit from the childrens’ author and illustrator, James Mayhew. He also visited the school’s Mini-Masterchefs cookery club to make his favourite recipes with the children.
You may also want to watch:
The Pre-prep pupils were joined on a number of occasions during the week by their counterparts from the Stephen Perse Foundation Pre-prep schools in Cambridge and they enjoyed a puppet show and theatre workshop together with the help of the amazing Norwich Puppet Theatre.
Every child in the prep school is making a digital learning book using iPads, based on the week’s activities. The learning book will include their own photos, videos and reflections of the week.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 4 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 5 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 6 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 7 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback