Picture gallery: Fete fun in Littlebury... and teddies on a zipwire
- Credit: Archant
Last June, over 80 teddies and other cuddly friends had the experience of a lifetime at Littlebury’s Summer Fete.
After being strapped into their safety harnesses and hauled to the very top of the church tower, they cruised back down to earth by zipwire! To revive the daring cuddly friends, special tiny teas were available so they could picnic together and share their experiences in their own Teddies’ Tent.
If your teddies have a head for heights and would like a go on the zipwire, then take them along to this year’s Littlebury Summer Fete on Sunday, June 22.
From the top of the tower, the teddies will have a bird’s eye view of all the exciting fete activities going on below.
There will be plenty of refreshments on offer for the humans too, as teas, cakes, ice creams, Pimms and beer will be available, and music from the Humphrey Crick Band will help the afternoon go with a swing.
You may also want to watch:
The ever-popular White Elephant stall, tombola and plant stall will be back, along with games, competitions, face painting and more. There will also be a chance for the children to try their hand at some of the exciting craft activities that happen at Café Church each month.
Entry to the fete, which runs from 2-4.30pm in and around the church, is free. Come along for an afternoon of fun and flying, and don’t forget to bring your teddy bear!
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 8 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 George Peasgood doubling up at Paralympics with cycling selection following triathlon call