Picture gallery: Floral masterpieces at Clavering Horticultural Show
FLORAL and culinary masterpieces were in plentiful supply at the annual Clavering Horticultural Show last Saturday.
Organisers have said that the event was very well attended which led to an “electric atmosphere”. There was competition between all the ages, from vegetable monsters created by the children (first prize Elliot Wood) to an award winning and royal wedding themed-floral display.
The wedding theme continued as Evie Wood won the Enid Jones children’s cup for her drawing depicting a street party.
The main children’s cup was awarded to Alice Abrahams.
The cakes, breads were just magnificent ranging from the humble cup cake to the full blown chocolate masterpiece. The Cookery Distinction award went to Nicola Blackie.
You may also want to watch:
The main focus of the show was the wide range of flowers and vegetables produced by the village residents.
The best vegetable in show was awarded to Ken Peck and the most prestigious vegetable awards went to Alan Gilbertson.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex