Picture gallery: Floral masterpieces at Clavering Horticultural Show
FLORAL and culinary masterpieces were in plentiful supply at the annual Clavering Horticultural Show last Saturday.
Organisers have said that the event was very well attended which led to an “electric atmosphere”. There was competition between all the ages, from vegetable monsters created by the children (first prize Elliot Wood) to an award winning and royal wedding themed-floral display.
The wedding theme continued as Evie Wood won the Enid Jones children’s cup for her drawing depicting a street party.
The main children’s cup was awarded to Alice Abrahams.
The cakes, breads were just magnificent ranging from the humble cup cake to the full blown chocolate masterpiece. The Cookery Distinction award went to Nicola Blackie.
You may also want to watch:
The main focus of the show was the wide range of flowers and vegetables produced by the village residents.
The best vegetable in show was awarded to Ken Peck and the most prestigious vegetable awards went to Alan Gilbertson.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire