Picture gallery: Floral masterpieces at Clavering Horticultural Show
FLORAL and culinary masterpieces were in plentiful supply at the annual Clavering Horticultural Show last Saturday.
Organisers have said that the event was very well attended which led to an “electric atmosphere”. There was competition between all the ages, from vegetable monsters created by the children (first prize Elliot Wood) to an award winning and royal wedding themed-floral display.
The wedding theme continued as Evie Wood won the Enid Jones children’s cup for her drawing depicting a street party.
The main children’s cup was awarded to Alice Abrahams.
The cakes, breads were just magnificent ranging from the humble cup cake to the full blown chocolate masterpiece. The Cookery Distinction award went to Nicola Blackie.
You may also want to watch:
The main focus of the show was the wide range of flowers and vegetables produced by the village residents.
The best vegetable in show was awarded to Ken Peck and the most prestigious vegetable awards went to Alan Gilbertson.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision