Picture gallery: Floral masterpieces at Clavering Horticultural Show
FLORAL and culinary masterpieces were in plentiful supply at the annual Clavering Horticultural Show last Saturday.
Organisers have said that the event was very well attended which led to an “electric atmosphere”. There was competition between all the ages, from vegetable monsters created by the children (first prize Elliot Wood) to an award winning and royal wedding themed-floral display.
The wedding theme continued as Evie Wood won the Enid Jones children’s cup for her drawing depicting a street party.
The main children’s cup was awarded to Alice Abrahams.
The cakes, breads were just magnificent ranging from the humble cup cake to the full blown chocolate masterpiece. The Cookery Distinction award went to Nicola Blackie.
You may also want to watch:
The main focus of the show was the wide range of flowers and vegetables produced by the village residents.
The best vegetable in show was awarded to Ken Peck and the most prestigious vegetable awards went to Alan Gilbertson.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 County council promises arts boost for Essex