Picture gallery: Getting filthy at Spains Hall with the Mucky Races
- Credit: Archant
Scramble nets, tyre piles and pits full of mud and water ... it could only have been the Mucky Races.
The popular annual race returned to Spains Hall, Finchingfield on Sunday, with more than 1,000 taking part and almost the same number cheering them on.
Organised by Norfolk-based Mucky Races, ‘The Gauntlet’ took runners through either a 6km or 12km mud run, pitting them against a range of obstacles around the diverse country estate.
Mass warm-up sessions took place at the start of the race, which was professionally timed, and there was a selection of hot food and drinks to keep energy levels high.
Stuart Crow, general manager for Spains Hall, said: “This is the third mud running event we’ve held and each year it is getting more and more popular.
You may also want to watch:
“The race was enjoyed by people of all ages, from the young to the young at heart, and the spirit of support and camaraderie was fantastic as people helped each other through the myriad of mud, obstacles, water and, yes, more mud!”
Spains Hall, the family home of the Ruggles-Brise family, will be hosting another mud run in September. Called ‘The Essex Yomp’, the event will be in aid of the services charity Walking With The Wounded.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
The estate will also be supporting a number of events, including offering car parking and camping as the Tour De France passes through Finchingfield in July.
For more information, visit spainshall.co.uk.