Picture gallery: Hundreds turn out for Essex farm’s tasting day
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 900 people flocked to Priors Hall Farm for a tasting day.
Visitors had the chance to taste a wide selection of produce at the Lindsell-based farm’s biannual event, including its award-winning bacon, sausage, and pork that is reared, butchered, and cured on the farm.
Richard Menhinick, who runs the farm with his brother James, said: “This is the sixth year we’ve held a tasting day and it is great to see that it is becoming increasingly popular. Not only do we see regular customers returning to enjoy the day, but new customers too.”
Each year Mr Menhinick, his family and staff do something different in order to promote the farm and its produce. But that’s not the only reason for doing it.
“It’s important for people to realise where their food comes from,” he explained. “There is a direct link between good animal husbandry and diet, and the meat it produces.”
You may also want to watch:
Bacon from the farm has recently been awarded the Great Bacon Revolution’s Gold Award and Champion Award.
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 9 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month