Picture gallery: Hundreds turn out for Essex farm’s tasting day
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 900 people flocked to Priors Hall Farm for a tasting day.
Visitors had the chance to taste a wide selection of produce at the Lindsell-based farm’s biannual event, including its award-winning bacon, sausage, and pork that is reared, butchered, and cured on the farm.
Richard Menhinick, who runs the farm with his brother James, said: “This is the sixth year we’ve held a tasting day and it is great to see that it is becoming increasingly popular. Not only do we see regular customers returning to enjoy the day, but new customers too.”
Each year Mr Menhinick, his family and staff do something different in order to promote the farm and its produce. But that’s not the only reason for doing it.
“It’s important for people to realise where their food comes from,” he explained. “There is a direct link between good animal husbandry and diet, and the meat it produces.”
You may also want to watch:
Bacon from the farm has recently been awarded the Great Bacon Revolution’s Gold Award and Champion Award.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease