Picture gallery: Hundreds turn out for Essex farm’s tasting day
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 900 people flocked to Priors Hall Farm for a tasting day.
Visitors had the chance to taste a wide selection of produce at the Lindsell-based farm’s biannual event, including its award-winning bacon, sausage, and pork that is reared, butchered, and cured on the farm.
Richard Menhinick, who runs the farm with his brother James, said: “This is the sixth year we’ve held a tasting day and it is great to see that it is becoming increasingly popular. Not only do we see regular customers returning to enjoy the day, but new customers too.”
Each year Mr Menhinick, his family and staff do something different in order to promote the farm and its produce. But that’s not the only reason for doing it.
“It’s important for people to realise where their food comes from,” he explained. “There is a direct link between good animal husbandry and diet, and the meat it produces.”
You may also want to watch:
Bacon from the farm has recently been awarded the Great Bacon Revolution’s Gold Award and Champion Award.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 4 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 5 Town council backs new support club
- 6 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 7 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford