Picture gallery: IWM Duxford’s military vehicle show is a winner for dads on Father’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of visitors converged on IWM Duxford today (Sunday, June 15) for the Military Vehicle Show.
Dads of all ages had a fun time out with their children at the fascinating family-friendly event.
Visitors explored over 200 military vehicles, including motorcycles, staff cars, jeeps and large trucks. Stars of the show were three First World War trucks – a 1917 Hallford E1 D1-80 four ton truck, a 1918 AEC YC four-ton truck and a 1918 Dennis Subsidy A Class lorry – which were on display throughout the morning and also started, in grand style, the cavalcade of vehicles around the airfield in the afternoon.
In the 70th anniversary year of the D-Day Landings, there were also a number of D-Day related vehicles on display.
During the morning, visitors explored the military vehicle workshop, where vehicles are in the process of being restored. Intrepid visitors also queued up to experience a thrilling ride in our FV 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier.
You may also want to watch:
The Military Armoured Fighting Vehicles Association held its 2014 championship at the show, and there were displays by the UK Tank Club and Duxford Radio Society.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Council to debate 'underperforming' planning service