Picture gallery: IWM Duxford’s military vehicle show is a winner for dads on Father’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of visitors converged on IWM Duxford today (Sunday, June 15) for the Military Vehicle Show.
Dads of all ages had a fun time out with their children at the fascinating family-friendly event.
Visitors explored over 200 military vehicles, including motorcycles, staff cars, jeeps and large trucks. Stars of the show were three First World War trucks – a 1917 Hallford E1 D1-80 four ton truck, a 1918 AEC YC four-ton truck and a 1918 Dennis Subsidy A Class lorry – which were on display throughout the morning and also started, in grand style, the cavalcade of vehicles around the airfield in the afternoon.
In the 70th anniversary year of the D-Day Landings, there were also a number of D-Day related vehicles on display.
During the morning, visitors explored the military vehicle workshop, where vehicles are in the process of being restored. Intrepid visitors also queued up to experience a thrilling ride in our FV 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier.
You may also want to watch:
The Military Armoured Fighting Vehicles Association held its 2014 championship at the show, and there were displays by the UK Tank Club and Duxford Radio Society.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 4 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows